Friday, January 21, 2011

Vintage silk scarves and Adhesif's "Iris Frill Dress"

With a new season underway I find myself immersed in lightweight fabrics, primarily a colorful and eclectic mix of vintage silk scarves.


I love the drape, look and luxurious feel of silk scarves. The bounty of patterns, prints and colors allows my imagination go completely wild when mix and matching them together.

I have been using vintage silk scarves in the creation of my designs for years now, like the "Betty Blouse" with it's beautiful boatneck design from Spring-Summer 2009...


As well as the "Pause Blouse" of Spring-Summer 2010...



...and most recently in the creation of our lovely little frocks in our current Spring-Summer 2011!





The above design is called the "Iris Frill Dress" and it is 1 of 5 different dress designs within our latest collection. The sleeves and front part of the blouse is made from silk scarves and the back is made from reclaimed jersey knit. The skirt (which has pockets!!) is a printed poly-rayon blend so there is nice drape.
Did I mention the fact that the waist is elasticized!! Function meets fashion.

The little frill collar is so feminine and beneath the collar are 3 functional vintage buttons.

I can't wait until it gets warmer so that I can enjoy just throwing one of these lovely frocks on and away we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment